Wednesday, October 13, 2010

reaction to chapter 10

chapter 10 was the toughest to read out of all the chapters so far. in reading chapter 10.i got practically nothing. i went back time and time again and basically got crap. i got that he taought others slaves to read and write, was sent to build ships, and somehow gave his master money. i honestly read this three times over and it made no sence to me at all.;

questions: why did douglass give his master money?
what was the point in sending him to build boats?
comments:this showed me how much the slaves werent treated as equals
i like how mr. covey has stopped beating douglass

5 comments:

  1. Geoff, I like your honesty! I had the same problems while I was reading this section of the novel. Have you been reading actively and taking notes? That helps me alot when I'm havng trouble grasping the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you took the words out of my mouth like about how confusing and hard it was so i just read it over alot too and agree with everything you wrote haha good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearrrr Geofff!
    I really appreciated your honesty! Im kinda on the same page as you... I read this a couple of times and still couldn;t tell you what it is about! So dont feel bad you are not the only one that did not understand! But hey props for tryinggggg!

    sincerely... hopeee

    ReplyDelete
  4. same here, you got the main idea though

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha out of all of the reviews i have read so far yours has been the only one to mention him going to work on boats and he gives his master money because he is hoping to that his master will let him go free

    ReplyDelete